Small groups are exactly that, a smallish (6–12) group of people from church, or those who want to know more about Christianity, who meet in church members' homes weekly to share food, pray, discuss the bible and develop great friendships.
We have a number of small groups located in and around the area, (on hold due Covid). All you have to do to join is talk to us! We can put you in touch with the small group leader who will be more than happy to invite you along to their group. Go along and try it out!
Book-club (via zoom unless advised differently)
Growth in our Christian walk will not happen unless each of us adopts a deliberate decision.
To aid in our growth and discipleship process, every month we study a book covering a wide selection of topics.
February 2021 book and list of questions are detailed below.
New Hope Community Church Book Club 22/02/2021 6.30pm on zoom and hopefully in church.
Book ‘Discipleship’ by David Watson
Questions to consider
1) How do you respond to the following statements
a) When Christ calls a man he bids him come and die.
b) It is so hard to believe because it is so hard to obey.
c) Many are called to belief and few to obedience.
2) Are we part of a comfortable club of conformity?
3) Which mark of discipleship do we find most difficult?
4) Does sin separate us from ourselves?
5) How do we change cold hearts of stone to warm hearts of flesh?
6) Are we like the statue of a horse?
7) Do you agree with the saying “God does nothing but in answer to prayer”? If so how should that affect our behaviour?
8) Are we Bible taught or Spirit taught or both?
9) What do we understand by logos and rhema?
10) What causes blind folded soldiers of Christ
11) How do we self identify?
12) What do you think of the saying “Aim at heaven and get the earth thrown in”?
Next meeting 29th March 2021. Book for discussion ‘Unpopular Culture’ by Guvna B